A nutritious easter (or year round) treat to enjoy! The ingredients are pantry-friendly (useful during these corona-quarantine-times), I always have frozen bananas at home and used it for this recipe! I just defrost them on low heat in the microwave.
These Muffins are not only vegan, but also gluten-free (make sure to use certified gluten-free oats). They are a great source for fatty acids (omega 3), fiber, protein, magnesium, zinc, selenium and vitamins!
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe! If you try it yourself, I would love to see a picture so tag me on Instagram (@eatflowsurf) or send me a message
Carrot - Banana Muffins
25 min (+30 min baking) // 8 muffins // easy
- 130 g oats, ground to oat flour
- 2 tbl baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 - 3 tbl date sugar (20 g)
- 25 g chopped walnuts
- 1 tbl chia seeds, finely ground + 3 tbl water
- 1 - 2 ripe bananas (125 g)
- 1 - 2 carrots (120 g)
- 1.5 tbl almond butter (30 g)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 50 ml plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the Chia seeds with water and set aside.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Grate the carrot into fine pieces.
- Now, mix the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, date sugar, walnuts).
- Then mix the wet ingredients (mashed banana, grated carrot, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, chia seeds, plant-based milk).
- Use a handheld mixer to mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fill the dough into muffin tins (I used silicone ones, but you can also use a muffin tin (greased or with paper lining)). If you like, you can top it with a walnut or some coconut sugar (makes it extra delicious!).
- Bake for ca. 30 minutes and let cool down a bit before serving. :)