Christmas truffles with a little bit of rum, anyone? These make a great addition for the ‘adult’ cookie plate The recipe is very easy and there’s no baking involved.
You can choose whatever decor you like! My favorite are the chocolate sprinkles, but even in my family everyone has their own favorite! The mix makes them look especially pretty on the plate and you can impress your loved ones
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe! If you try it yourself, I would love to see a picture so tag me on Instagram (@eatflowsurf) or send me a message
Rum Truffles ★ Rumkugeln
30min (+ 2 h for soaking raisins) • easy • store cold/in fridge
- 50 g raisins
- 2 tbl rum
- 50 g coconut fat (the hard one, not oil)
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g powdered sugar
- sugar sprinkles
- chocolate sprinkles
- granulated sugar
- cacao powder
- Start with pouring hot water over the raisins, then strain them. Cut the raisins into small pieces.
- Mix the raisins with the rum and let them soak for 2 h.
- Finely grate the chocolate into a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Melt the coconut fat (either in the microwave or over hot water.
- Add the powdered sugar and the melted coconut fat to the grated chocolate. First mix with a spatula, then use your hands until the dough holds together.
- Wait for about 15 min to let the dough 'cool' and stick together (depending on how warm it is where you live, you might want to put it into the fridge).
- Form little truffle balls and roll them into the sprinkles.
- Put into little paper forms for easy serving and storage.
- Store in fridge and enjoy