A recipe with video for an austrian Christmas treat! No baking required and easy :) Chocolate, dried fruits & nuts make a delicious addition to your cookie plate!
We used aquafaba as a replacement for an egg white. Aquafaba is the liquid that’s in the cans with cooked chickpeas and works great as an egg-white replacement. You can whip it up and it holds the dough together. Without it, it’s a little bit crumbly.
The recipe calls for 200 g of chocolate, but 100 g works as well (happens when you talk too much while baking )
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe! If you try it yourself, I would love to see a picture so tag me on Instagram (@eatflowsurf) or send me a message
Date Roll ★ Dattelwurst
40min • easy • wait 1 week until eating
- 70 g walnuts
- 170 g dried soft dates
- 70 g dried figs
- 100 g grounded almonds
- 100 g grounded hazelnuts
- 30 ml Aquafaba (from 1 can of chickpeas)
- dash of salt
- 110 g powdered sugar + some more for rolling
- 200 g chocolate (dark)
- Start with cutting the walnuts, dates and figs. Set aside.
- Grate the chocolate into fine pieces and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whip up the aquafaba with a dash of salt and a little bit of powdered sugar. Add in spoonfuls of powdered sugar until everything is mixed together.
- Add in the chocolate and mix well.
- Add the dates, figs, walnuts, grounded almonds and hazelnuts to the dough and knead the dough with your hands until it's evenly mixed.
- Now, prepare 4 pieces of aluminum foil (ca. 30x30 cm).
- Take the first foil piece and powder some powedered sugar on it.
- Seperate the dough into 4 evenly-sized pieces.
- Take 1/4 of the dough, form a sausage-like shape with your hands and roll onto the powdered sugar on the foil. Then, roll it into the foil (secure the loose ends of the foil) and let sit for a few days until eating.
- Go on with the rest of the dough, that's it, your christmas treat is finished